BACK TO SCHOOL RESOURCES
July 22, 2022
Dear KCHS Parents,
With the 2022-2023 school year just around the corner, it is my sincere hope that this summer has provided you and your family the opportunity to spend some quality time together before the school year begins. We are excited to host a full array of classes in our new Saint Gregory the Great Auditorium and to introduce Schoology, our new Learning Management System.
As we approach our 91st year of providing an exceptional Catholic education, we are eager to have our students back. Please help us welcome these new staff members to our KCHS family:
• Jim Branch (Social Studies/Part-Time)
• Maylee Brown (Religion)
• Miriam Dolan (Religion)
• Francesca Grill (Math)
• Karl Jacob (Choral Accompanist)
• Marcia Quinby (Science)
• Katie Schmid (Fine Arts)
• Vivian Slayden (English)
• Luke Smith (Business/Boys’ Basketball)
• Sara Starnes (Math)
• Julia Weech (English)
• Huguette Williams (Math)
We are also pleased to announce that Sister Caterina Joy Taioli, O.P., will be joining us in first semester as an English intern.
Below are links to vital information needed for the school year:
1. Medical Release Form Complete in advance and bring to Orientation
2. Back to School Orientation Schedules – Computers required Includes Tech Orientation sessions for Freshmen and Schoology introduction for all students. All Students Bring: Fully charged laptop Windows and Office 365 installed Latest Updates completed All Students come in uniform on orientation days On Friday, August 5, only 10th – 12th grade students will report. On Monday, August 8, only 9th grade students will report. Freshmen students who have not yet picked up a padlock should do so in the main office as soon as possible or on Orientation Day.
3. School Picture Information for 9th -11th
4. Student Meal Account
5. Daily Schedule
6. Service Requirements
7. Attendance FAQ’s
8. Diocesan Schools Calendar and KCHS Academic Calendar for 2022-2023
Be on the lookout for these items:
1. All Parents On August 4, parents will receive an introductory email from Schoology with login instructions.
2. Freshman and Transfer Students You will receive a mailing to be sent on July 22 that outlines vital software installations that need to be completed by Orientation Day. You should have already received an invitation to New Student and Family Information Night and Cookout.
3. Seniors You will receive an email from the School Counselors outlining College Application Bootcamp Instructions.
Schedules will be activated by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 29.
Any questions regarding class schedules should be directed as follows:
Freshman Advisor [email protected]
School Counselor for 10th - 12th (last name A-G) [email protected]
School Counselor for 10th - 12th (last name H-N) [email protected]
School Counselor for 10th - 12th (last name O-Z) [email protected]
We are excited about the new school year and look forward to seeing you. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me. I hope that you enjoy these last few days of summer!
We require that all visitors to the KCHS campus during school hours (parents, guardians, family members included) to enter ONLY through the front Main Entrance doors located on the flagpole side of campus, across from the baseball field.
8.1.22 Attendance FAQ's
7.29.22 All Sports Pass
7.22.22 Back to School Letter & Student Orientation Schedule
7.18.22 Technology Requirements
Parent Student Handbook coming soon!
6.12.22 KCHS Daily Student Schedule
6.12.22 KCHS Academic Calendar
6.12.22 Diocesan Academic Calendar.
6.2.22 – Uniform Guidelines, Service Requirements
5.27.22 – Attendance Policy
5.25.22 – Summer Reading
5.13.22 – School Picture information
4.4.22 – Physical Form, Athletic Participation Forms, Course Descriptions